Templates For Authors :
All contributors (authors) who wish to submit their articles must follow the guidelines from the JIMATS : Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Sipil please download:
The Policy of Writing
The purpose of the publication the JIMATS : Jurnal Ilmiah Teknik Sipil is to improve the quality of science and increase interest in disseminating knowledge by the academic community, students, practitioners, and other interested parties related to it. The editors are open to receiving research articles related to knowledge civil engineering which includes Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Marine Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Construction Management and Materials and Building Structures. This journal is published online 2 times a year in July and January.
In the publishing process, all submitted articles are always blind review. When an article is accepted, the article will be reviewed before being sent to a reviewer, such as whether it was written based on criteria such as meeting the specified writing style format. If they don't comply, they will be sent back to the author to revise the format. If the articles have fulfilled them, they will be immediately sent to the reviewers related to the field of science or its scope. Reviewers will blindly review articles based on the suitability of the topic, relevance of research methods, significance and contribution to science and professions related to the realm of civil engineering, as well as the proportion of up-to-date reference. The review was carried out by a team of blind reviewers—independent reviewers. Reviewers have the right to vote and rate articles, and ultimately pass the results on to the authors, either accepted or rejected with some comments. This journal also uses anti-plagiarism software to check the originality of articles.
When all articles are published, authors are advised to certify that the articles are genuine and therefore they must also be held responsible for anything related to the publication of articles that may be against the ethics of publication. They also stated that the articles were irrevocable.
The following are important for the authors:
The articles should be submitted to: https://ejournal.um-sorong.ac.id/index.php/jimats/index
Style of Writing
- Articles are typed on A4 paper which is sent in soft copy
- The title and identity of the author (name and email address, and/or mailing address) are written below the article title.
- Articles written must not exceed between 5-15 pages, 11 Times New Roman font, in 1 space, including references.
- The left, right, top and bottom margins are about 1 inch
- The citation, image or reference must indicate the source and year. Names, years, and pages are listed if they come from a book, all of which must be consistently the same as those listed in the bibliography.
- References should be taken from the most recent reference or the copyright date of the publication of the last 10 years.
- The number of pages should be at the top.
- The title of the table is written above while the name of the figure is typed below the figure, typed in bold, and the title is placed under the number of the table or figure.
- Include the source of the table and the figure below it.
- Footnote references are typed using Times New Roman font style, font size 11 and single spacing.
Guide of Writing
The framework for writing the article is as follows: (1) title, (2) abstract, (3) introduction, (4) method, (5) results and discussion, (6) conclusion, (8) references. The details are as follows.
Title of the Article
Must reflect the content and use words, terms, abbreviations, formulas, registers as commonly used in research writing. The title of the article is typed in bold Times new roman style, font size 14 and single spaced without abbreviations.
Authors and affiliates
The identity of the author (name and email address, and/or mailing address) and affiliation are written below the article title. Authors and affiliates are typed in bold Times new roman font style, font size 12
- Abstract must include the topic or research problem, research objectives, research methods, and research results
- Abstract is presented in one paragraph between 150 – 250 words.
- The position of the abstract above the article,Writing is typed withTimes New Roman font, font size 10.
- Include at least 3-5 keywords below it
Article writing begins with a rational background why research needs to be done. Literature review or supporting state of the art uses primary references (journals) within the last 10 years provided that around 80% of all references used. It is not allowed to use non-standard internet sources such as Wikipedia and so on.
Editor (2018) requires to write the purpose of the article at the end of the background chapter.
Completeness of contents in the form of (a) research approach and design, (b) data sources/research subjects/population/sample, (c) research instruments, (d) data collection techniques, (e) data form, (f) analytical techniques (must be detail). The accuracy of the description (the description in the methods section must be unique or in accordance with each research, not the theory of the method.
Results and Discussion
The results and discussion are generally combined into one. Compare it with the data obtained by previous researchers who were used as a reference in the literature review.
- Its suitability with the objectives, results, and discussion.
- The accuracy of the formulation (not in the form of a summary, but in the form of solid statements containing inferences based on the results and discussion
- Clarity of conclusion (become the subheading stated in the concluding paragraph)
- Reference functionality (cited sources must be in the reference list, and sources in the reference list must be actually cited).
- Primary sources are preferably of high value whereas secondary sources should not dominate the total reference. Expect a minimum of 10 references especially with a minimum of 80% for journal papers. Reference must be the most recent reference (10 years ago). Reference writing style follows APA 7th Style with the Mendeley Reference Manager System.
- Recent inclusion of referrals (10 years)
- The accuracy of writing references in the form of journals (must be accompanied by the page number where the article was published in the journal).
- The accuracy of writing the reference in the form of a book (Name of author. Year of publication. Title of book. City of publication: Name of publisher. Name of author (a) all of them are written in number, but in the text if 4 authors are written et al, (b) second and third names (if any) abbreviated.
Tables and Figures
Figures and Tables are made according to the standard rules for writing articles. Lines in the table are only allowed horizontal lines on the header and cover. See examples journal templates. Add statistical information if it uses statistical calculations such as p value, standard error and so on.
Images in the form of maps, photos and graphics must be made with a high enough resolution so as not to blur. If the author submits an unclear graph, the editor has the right to request the original data to be re-edited by the editor.
Images and tables can be placed in 2 columns or in 1 column (adjusted to the size of the table, see example journal templates). Likewise, if the author uses mathematical equations. Especially for mathematical equations, you should write the equations using either the equation tool in word or auxiliary software such as Math Type which can be integrated in MS Office.
If the table content is not sufficient, using a font size 11 can use a smaller font size.
- Nurcholish Madjid, Muslim Intellectual Property, Jakarta: Bulan Bintang, 1994, p. 59.
- Armstrong, A History of God, New York: Ballantine Books, 1994, p. 169.
- Kevin William Fogg, The Fate of Muslim Nationalism in an Independent Indonesia. Dissertation (Yale University, 2012), http://gradworks.umi.com/35/35/3535314.html, accessed 16 Feb 2016.
Armstrong, K. A History of God. New York: The Ballantine Book, 1994.
Madjid, Nurcholish. Muslim intellectual property. Jakarta: Star Moon, 1994