Templates For Authors:
All contributors (authors) who wish to submit their articles must follow the guidelines from the Metode: Jurnal Teknik Industri article template, please download.
The Policy of Writing
The purpose of publishing the journal Metode: Jurnal Teknik Industri is to improve the quality of science and increase interest in disseminating knowledge by the academic community, students, practitioners, and other parties related to it. Editors are open to receiving research articles related to Manufacturing Systems, Operations Research, Product Design and Development, Manufacturing Technology and Systems, Work Studies, Ergonomics, Supply Chain Management, Business Systems, Quality Assurance and Control, Information Systems and Management, Modeling Systems, Project Management, and other Industrial Engineering Education. This journal is published online twice a year in March and October.
In the publishing process, all submitted articles are always blind-reviewed. When an article is accepted, the article will be reviewed before being sent to a reviewer, such as whether it was written based on criteria such as meeting the specified writing style format. If they don't comply, they will be sent back to the author to revise the format. If the articles have fulfilled them, they will be immediately sent to the reviewers related to the field of science or its scope.
The reviewers will blindly review the articles based on the appropriateness of the topic, relevance of research methods, significance and contributions to science and professions related to industrial engineering, as well as the proportion of the up-to-date references. The review is done by the blind reviewer team—the independent reviewers. The reviewers have the right to select and judge the articles, and finally forward the results to the authors, either they are accepted or rejected with some comments. The journal also uses anti-plagiarism software to check the originality of the article.
When all articles are published, authors are advised to certify that the articles are genuine and therefore they must also be held responsible for anything related to the publication of articles that may be against the ethics of publication. They also stated that the articles were irrevocable.
The following are important for the authors:
The articles should be submitted to: https://ejournal.um-sorong.ac.id/index.php/metode/index
Style of Writing
- The article is typed on A4 paper which is sent in soft copy.
- The title and identity of the author (name, email address, and/or mailing address) are written below the article title.
- Articles must not exceed 10-15 pages, 11 Times New Roman font with 1 space.
- Left and right margins 2.5 cm, top and bottom 3 cm.
- Quotations, pictures or references must indicate the source and year. Names, years, and pages are included if they come from a book, all of which must be consistently the same as those listed in the bibliography or reference.
- Reference should be taken from the most recent reference or publication copyright date of the last 10 years.
- The number of pages must be at the bottom with the left position.
- The title of the table is written above the table, and the title of the image is written below the image, typed in bold.
- Include the source table and figure below.
- Footnote references are typed using Times New Roman font style, font size 10 and single spacing.
Guide of Writing
The framework for writing the article is as follows: (1) title, (2) abstract, (3) introduction, (4) research methods, (5) results and discussion, (6) conclusions and suggestions, (7) references. The details are as follows:
Title of the Article
Must reflect the content and use words, terms, abbreviations, formulas, registers as commonly used in research writing. For the title typed in bold, Times New Roman font style, font size 14 and single spacing without abbreviations. If the article contains Arabic, type it using the Traditional Arabic font style with a font size of 14. The article title is a maximum of 10 words, capitalized and typed in Indonesian.
- Abstract is a brief overview of the reasons for the research, the approach or method chosen, the important results, and the main conclusions. Abstract written in Indonesian and English. Abstracts are usually presented in one paragraph containing 100-250 words. It must be ensured that there are no spelling, grammatical and phrasing errors in the language used. Ideally the abstract contains the main problem and/or research objectives, and shows the approach or method used to solve it, and presents important findings, conclusions, and implications of research results.
- Include at least 3 – 5 keywords below it.
- The writing is typed in Times New Roman font, italic, size 10.
The introduction should be about 2-3 pages long, containing the background, reasons for doing the research, problem formulation, research objectives, and without sub-headings, bullets, or numbering. Typed with a space of 1, the body of the text using the font size: Times New roman 11, regular, space 0, spacing before 0 pt, after 0 pt. Paragraph format follows the justify format (aligned left-right), new paragraphs are marked with the first line entering 1 cm to the right, and there are no blank lines between paragraphs.
It consists of research procedures or steps, for example from sampling method to data analysis, and is presented briefly and concisely with numbering.
Result and Discussion
It presents analysis regarding the results, theories, and hypotheses (if any) based on the author's reasoning. Data analysis and discussion must be presented briefly but clearly and not dominated by table presentations. The tables presented should not be in the form of rough results but in the form of processed and concise summaries. Tables and figures are presented consistently in the middle and titles are above the table, except that the name of the figure must be typed below Figure.
Conclussion and Suggestion
Closing is the closing of the article that reflects the essence and thoughts of the research conducted by the author. It is also logically based on evidence taken from, and presented by the author in paragraphs. Implications, limitations, and suggestions are also presented in unnumbered paragraphs.
Primary sources are preferably of high value whereas secondary sources should not dominate the total reference. Expect a minimum of 10 references especially with a minimum of 80% for journal papers. Reference must be the most recent reference (10 years ago). Reference writing style follows the APA 7th Style with the Mendeley Reference Manager System. References are typed and sorted alphabetically, consisting of the author's name (last name is written first), title (italics), publisher city, publishing company, and year of publication.
Tables and Figures
Tables must be processed ones that are included in the text without horizontal lines. If the sizes are too large, they should be included in the Appendix. The title name is typed above the table. Images should also be included in the text if they are not too large and the title name is typed under Image. The caption font size is 11pt, leave 1 space for the next paragraph. For tables, leave 2 spaces for the next entry.
Example for references writing:
- Nurcholish Madjid, KhazanahIntelektual Muslim, Jakarta: BulanBintang, 1994, h. 59.
- Armstrong, A History of God, New York: Ballantine Books, 1994, h. 169.
- Kevin William Fogg, Nasib Nasionalisme Muslim di Indonesia Merdeka.Disertasi (Yale University, 2012), http://gradworks.umi.com/35/35/3535314.html, diakses 16 Feb
Armstrong, K. A History of God. New York: Buku Ballantine, 1994.
Madjid, Nurcholish. Khazanah intelektual Muslim. Jakarta: Bulan Bintang, 1994.